1. Always swim at a lifeguarded beach.
2. Swim between the red and yellow flags.
3. Never swim alone.
4. Know your beach safety flags.
5. Never use inflatables in strong winds or rough seas.
6. If you get into trouble, stick your hand in the air and shout for help.
7. If you see someone else in trouble, tell a lifeguard. If you can’t see a lifeguard call 999 or 112 and ask for the Coastguard.
8. Find out about the beach you’re going to before you visit.
9. Check tide times before you go.
10.Read and obey local hazard signs.
For more information on beach safety
and the work of the RNLI visit